Sunday, December 8, 2013

The GOP Establishment Is Planning To "Destroy" Another Tea Party Candidate. Lovely.

The GOP Establishment Is Planning To "Destroy" Another Tea Party Candidate. Lovely.



Sen. Thad Cochran is a Republican in Mississippi (see guy on right above).  He's 76 years old, and he told the world yesterday that he's "looking forward" to seeking reelection to a SEVENTH term in the U.S. Senate.  In fact, he's quite "comfortable with (his) decision."  
Money is pouring in, and he's well on his way.  Because, well, the GOP establishment, everyone. Did I mention that DUDE IS SEVENTY SIX FREAKING YEARS OLD?
His contender is State Sen. Chris McDaniel (guy on left above), and he's the Tea-Party candidate.  So once again, we have another case of the establishment versus the Tea Party.  Hey there, deja vu.  He had this to say about the race, because all politicians must go to some politically-correct school of robot-public-speaking: "Sen. Cochran has had a long and distinguished career representing the people of Mississippi,” McDaniel said. “I look forward to a positive campaign based on the future of our state, our country, and the Republican Party. As a strong conservative, I will fight to bring those values to Washington."
What he should've said is "Holy CRAP, people.  The dude is SEVENTY SIX YEARS OLD.  Are you out of your freaking minds?  I mean, COME ON.  This is the BEST WE CAN DO RIGHT NOW?  How about GETTING YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR KEESTERS FOR ONCE? GAWD."
And thus concludes the reason that I'm not a politician.
But McDaniel DID go on to say a bit more (which I like...more of this, please!):
"My vision is one to restore the party to the greatness it once had, particularly with regards to its fiscal restraint and its adherence to constitutional principles. The party I believe in is the party I joined years ago when Reagan was president and I hope that party gets restored," McDaniel said. “But what’s it like to run against Haley? You know, it’s politics. I appreciate his positions. I appreciate his opinions. We just disagree.”
"It’s not personal," McDaniel added. "I’m just going to stand my ground to fight for what I believe and I’m confident he’ll stand his ground as well to fight for what he believes.
And he does have the support of groups of several "state lawmakers" in the state, as well as the "Tea Party Express, Club for Growth, Madison Project, FreedomWorks, the Senate Conservatives Fund, and others."
No matter, though, because the GOP establishment is looking to "destroy" McDaniel.  In fact, their machine is looking to "quash any Tea Party insurgency in the state."  Moreover, they believe that he's going to get his “head handed to him, and that will be what he deserves."
Feel the in-party LOOOOOVE, everyone.  Isn't it just AWESOME?
But hey - just think - we're going to have another super-old white dude filling a seat.  Which should be completely awesome for that makeover the GOP so desperately needs.  Mmmm hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment