"This is a clear attempt by a lawless White House to aid and abet voter fraud,” Stockman said in a statement.
"Whether it is blocking the prosecution of voter intimidation in Philadelphia, illegally running guns to Mexican drug lords or assisting voter fraud in Texas Barack Obama has decided the rule of law takes a back seat to ‘Rules for Radicals,'" he added.
According to Stockman, a July 25 Marist poll shows a vast majority of minority voters -- 83 percent -- support voter ID laws.
Stockman went on to compare the administration's actions to those that might be employed by Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez.
"Obama’s actions what you see in Venezuela, a president falsely claiming to on behalf of people in order to cover up an unpopular political play," he said.
“I encourage the federal courts to do their constitutional duty and thwart this latest attempt to abuse presidential power to pervert free and clean elections," he added. "The only people with an interest in preventing voter ID are people engaged in voter fraud.”
Stockman's comments were in response to the Justice Department's announcement that it would sue the state over voter ID laws while seeking to intervene in a lawsuit over the state’s redistricting laws.
According to The Blaze, the government intends to claim that Texas' voter ID law denies or restricts minority voting rights.
Last July, Attorney General Eric Holder told the NAACP he would not allow the law to go into effect.
Charges of voter fraud were rampant during the 2012 election, with one site claiming that Obama received 80 electoral votes in four states due largely to fraud.
- Site says Obama stole election through voter fraud
- Citing voter fraud, petition at White House web site demands recount of election
- Fraud: Some told they already voted, others brag about voting multiple times
- Report: Obama campaigner allegedly punches female voter in the face
- Emails: NC man under investigation for possible voter fraud, media silent
- North Carolina man brags on Facebook about voting multiple times for Obama
- Obama to supporters: Voting 'best revenge' against Mitt Romney
- RNC demands states re-calibrate voting machines before Election Day
- Voting machines in Kansas, Ohio reportedly changing Romney votes to Obama
- North Carolina voters say ballots cast for Romney being registered for Obama
- North Carolina Democrats admit voting twice for Barack Obama in 2008 election
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.