Levin said that it's clear Obama has moved on from the shutdown and is now focused on the debt ceiling, paving the way for low-information liberals to support him as he bypasses Congress and unilaterally seizes control of the nation’s economy, Dr. Susan Berry wrote..
"Default, default, default…why is he saying that? Just to scare people?" Levin asked. "Well, that’s part of it, obviously. But, it’s more than that, ladies and gentlemen. Barack Obama is plotting, that if he can’t get what he wants out of the House Republicans, that if he can’t get his Plan A, and get Boehner and the Republicans to buckle - not just on the Continuing Resolution – but on the debt ceiling, then he’s got his Plan B."
And what, exactly is "Plan B?"
According to Levin, that plan involves Obama unilaterally raising the debt ceiling by citing the 14th Amendment.
In essence, Levin said, Obama effectively plans to "seize from Congress the power of the purse" in what he called "the most egregious attack on our Constitution by a President" in all of U.S. history.
Examiner's Anthony G. Martin said the 14th Amendment does not give Obama the authority to usurp Congress' role regarding the debt ceiling.
"Nowhere does the Amendment mandate that overall federal spending be increased at the whim of a president, or anyone else in government, not even Congress," he wrote.
Levin went further, saying that Obama is being encouraged "by Marxists dressed up as Constitutionalists, by people in his own party, he’s being encouraged to conduct himself as a dictator, and to bypass Congress and to bypass the Constitution."
"They want a full-blown Constitutional crisis. Please, listen to me, this is what they want! So they can continue to shred it!" he added.
This isn't the first time the subject has been brought up.
Last December, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said Obama should be given dictatorial power to unilaterally raise the debt ceiling to infinity.
In July 2011, Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, urged Obama to rule like a dictator on the debt ceiling. Other Democrats, like James Clyburn and former President Bill Clinton, have also suggested Obama bypass Congress and unilaterally raise the debt ceiling.
Levin went on to warn listeners of dire consequences to the nation if Obama acts unilaterally.
"So, it is he who is prepared to extort and blackmail in ways that most of you, and most of my colleagues in this business can’t even imagine, or don’t even understand," he said. "And, if the President of the United States unilaterally lifts the debt ceiling, you can kiss the core functions of Congress goodbye, you can kiss this Republic goodbye, once and for all."
Indeed, it would be the ultimate “fundamental transformation” Obama promised at the beginning of his presidency.
- Liberal Daily Kos diarist calls for 'benevolent' Obama dictatorship
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 2
- More liberal Democrats call on Obama to rule like a dictator on the debt ceiling
- Sheila Jackson Lee urges Pres. Obama to rule like a dictator on debt ceiling
- Obama's Park Service kicks owners out of private Lake Mead homes over shutdown
- Park Ranger admits being told to make life as difficult for people as possible
- Democrat votes to arrest military chaplains who minister to troops during shutdown
- Obama Closes Down the Atlantic Ocean?
- House to Chuck Hagel: Don't arrest military chaplains during shutdown
- Obama supporters threaten to kill protesters at Overpasses for Obama Impeachment
- The left’s shutdown battle cry: Kill them all!
- Deranged: Cher suggests killing Tea Party Republicans on Twitter
- Newsweek cover depicts President Obama as 'god of all things'
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.
Be sure to listen to "Grit and Grace" every Thursday from 6-8 p.m. Pacific Time on Blog Talk Radio, where you can hear Joe discuss current events.