Wednesday, March 26, 2014

harry rieds daughter junk jems


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

ryan elisabeth








there were some booths at the tradeshow that really caught my eye. ryan elisabeth was one of them.
her work is beautiful! i am fascinated with people who can create such lovely things and who can be so creative. i asked ryan to fill you ladies in on how she got started and where she is now.
Okay so some background info....
I'm originally from Las Vegas. Born & raised.
I now go to school in NYC at Parsons School of Design. I will graduate next year.
I recently found a necklace I made when I was five (it's terribly ugly but in a cute way) so I guess I've been making jewelry since then. I started my business over a year ago. I was frustrated with the meaning behind a lot of design and set out to have a clear message. I first designed my line "As Time Goes By". Each watch locket is a pocket watch with the guts taken out. I then fill the watches with a new collage inspired by a woman in history (who inspires me) and each necklace comes with a tag about the woman and a quote by her. My goal was to educate people when they buy or look at my jewelry about the awesome ladies all around us. My most recent line came out a month ago - it's a bit more eclectic with hats and new jewelry materials...it's called "the Light City" and inspired by three months I spent living in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment