Thursday, December 12, 2013

Abdel Halim Qandil

Why has refused to meet with Obama?

I was surprised when the caller said: that of the presidency, and when asked about the title, which suggest that up by inviting me officially to attend the ceremony to deliver a speech U.S. President Barack Obama at Cairo University, was shown on the screen telephone Mobile is a 'special number' in the English language, which is often means entry on the line of communication circuits security agencies, and that was the reason why I neglected to respond when the phrase appeared half an hour earlier, at approximately twelve noon the first Monday in June 2009, I believe that the caller was from the usual Officers SSI, and I can not stand Rmalathm and politeness artificial, may return them to connect to the threat whenever announced Kifaya movement for movement in the street, and the adequacy has announced to organize a press conference for the forces of national and sit-in protest in Tahrir Square on the eve of the dumping of Obama's speech on the Fourth of June, I did not want to answer, do not re-entering the melee verbal garrison, which usually starts from either side disapprovingly communication security of the state, ending the threat on the part of the officer with the nickname arrested me and arrest any protester or demonstrator on the street, and when repeated nuisance 'figure', I found my finger presses in a narrow button to receive calls, and I felt alert, and perhaps alert to engaged in a battle for the verbal with the state security officer who envisioned, then change my mood a bit with detecting caller identified, spoke in a manner very in literature and civility, He said that of the presidency, and that he wants to deliver the official invitation addressed to me, and prepared by the residential address, which he has, of course, and guide him as a request for simpler access roads, and ended talk of peace, and I almost forgot the story, and I took up the psychological, it may be fondling heavy Friend serene mood, and went out to record a television, while two men of presidential security on the door of my apartment in a residential building grim area of ​​the pyramid, and where to Amassaad, lamps half extinct peace dusty to the fifth floor, which by my apartment, rejected the two men delivered the call to the concierge, and they came up with the wife of the doorman to the door of the apartment, and with the sound of the bell came Ms. my wife to them, and signed a minor problem, it has designed two men at first glance I got a call in a personal capacity, and according to the instructions, and while appeared to them that I already out of the house, two men were each separately befriend his contacts Brasaúh , and I was surprised my wife, it was enough in its consideration that relates to one of them to ask permission to act, not related to each head of a different, but with a purpose, and I told her, explaining that he printed the security services in the house of the presidency, and the desire of each device in to watch the other, according to usual practice, it is important to be achieved, and the two men agreed on the delivery Almhzban invitation letter to my wife, and provided the signature and a statement such.
When I received the news received the call already, I was surprised to remain at a standstill, and I crawled surprising to the faces of all who knew the news after me, is invited to hundreds of people in Egypt, whatever their jobs and shrines and Mardhathm, this is normal, and enters the boundaries of expectation, but what seemed outside the expectation is very inviting, and Fbana between the presidency Msna mourning and did not make, and what looks like revenge, and the entire decade of Saddam's connected, it seemed as if the presidency hatred for prohibition hate me, and I was and remain Ibadelha hate hate, and the matter anyway greater than the reasons and complications feeling, I was and I am still a target for strikes revenge lustful starvation and being bullied and chases crazy, and why it is known as League which I cherish in breaking the red lines, and make the president personally in the eye of a storm criticism unprecedented in Egyptian history encapsulate, and the establishment of a school critique President in the Egyptian press, and detection Garah for the sins of the ruling family from behind the mask Republican, then adware added in the founding of the movement of 'adequacy' and the launch of the founding statement of the coalition of the Egyptians for change, and it seemed to act nervous auction and burning and rough on the other side, perhaps Aitisa primarily to explain the details, did not pass on the week throughout ten years ago, without pressure or threat, pressure pressing security at satellite offices in Cairo to prevent or restrict having me, and transmission of pressure to the family rule of the Gulf to stop the column on me lasted accepted for ten years in the newspaper known, shelling was the first starvation at the end of 2003, and I was then editor of the newspaper 'Arab', and in the late 2004 was an accident kidnapped and the tortured and Rmaa naked in the desert Mokattam, and in the end of 2005, they decided to take revenge dropping Ziauddin David, publisher of the 'Arab' in his Fareskour the heart of the Delta, and in the end of 2006, it seemed the pressure Mtlahaka increasing density, and the report was issued unprecedented and Mlhouk Council headed by Safwat al-Sharif Secretary General of the ruling party and the ear closest to the retreat Mubarak, and accused me of the report and the newspaper 'dignity' that you moved to head the liberation of insulting the president, and I walked pressure pronunciations and chuckle from the house of the presidency and SSI, and that was exclusionary direct order from the chief editor of 'dignity', which pressures the same repeated and successively more intense with the transition of the chief editor of 'Voice of Nation', and ended Baavada all presidencies editing, and prevent me from Writing a final in any newspaper in Egypt, especially after being elected general coordinator of the movement of 'adequacy' mid-January (January 2009), and continued pursuits singing regularly rumors security for Achtvaúa, and as a kind of prelude to a criminal act exterminating, and it was the house of the presidency present Fr. The mother and son in all that has happened, and two years ago, and after get me out of the chief editor of the newspaper 'dignity', was a well-known journalist close to the President speaking on a TV program a government security named 'state of dialogue', and suddenly departed from the text of hypocrisy folklore usual, and said that the President No hates criticism of the person in the press, and gave what conceivable compelling evidence, which is that Mubarak told him: Sharing my presence Professor Abdel Halim Qandil on the presidential plane in foreign trips, was asked at the time about my opinion, and I said: I'm not trying not supervised, and it looked time anyway mere assumptions and exercises of mind, but call the presidency this time quite formal, and the seal of the presidential Blue, in both Arabic and English, which provoked astonishment, and seemed to him the call that was optional for owners some sort of evolution in the talent representative House to the presidency, and if they decided after they killed the victim to walk in his funeral on the way popular proverb known Egyptian, and they call at all to walk with them at the funeral without the owner without a shroud.
Perhaps appeared in the story another explanation might have been improbable, it has been the U.S. administration to campaigns criticism because of Obama's trip, 'and what it entails support for the regime of the dictator of Egypt, and arranged for a visit with the participation of delegation' made 'the U.S. with the Presidency of the Republic of Egypt, and perhaps money Americans or ordered the inclusion of My name despite my opposition fixed to U.S. policy, which is the interpretation seems logical, but it seemed a rational cause extra for my rejection of the invitation, and to refrain from attending the ceremony of Obama's speech, and if they call me surprising, it may not be replaced for the surprise in my rejection of the invitation, has turned the ceremony into camp security, and the calling card itself seemed to security concerns dominate, and in the help text: it is not allowed to bring banners or signs, are not permitted by making comments from a fortiori, no you're invited only a piece of decor unnecessary imaging, a money befitting someone who respects himself, add Furthermore overtones falsity, the existence of dissidents in the picture suggests that we are in a democratic society, and the truth is not, of course, Vmbark 'dictator without legitimacy, those were my faith remains, and it is unthinkable at twice that plays the role of a perjurer, above that I committed, of course, the decision of the Kifaya not meet the calls related to Obama's visit, and announced that the visit is early support for Israel and the dictatorship of the Egyptian regime, and the firm belief that change in Egypt will not happen from the Office of the U.S. President, but a coalition of social, political and broad, and the methods of resistance and civil disobedience peaceful.
Egyptian writer / Abdel Halim Qandil
Published on 11-06-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment