By: Leah Barkoukis (TownHall)
Hillary Clinton is undoubtedly the Democratic frontrunner, a point Charles Krauthammer conceded on the Hugh Hewitt show Tuesday, but if any Democrat wants to challenge her, he thinks the place to start would be with her abysmal record as secretary of state.
“When people talk about Hillary being a superb secretary of State, I just ask one question,” Krauthammer replied. “Name me one thing, just one, not three, give me one thing she achieved in her four years as secretary of state. I have yet to hear an answer.”
“I do think it’s really awful that you can have a four year term, achieve nothing, and as you say, go backwards with Russia, backwards on Iran, backwards on Syria, backwards on Venezuela, backwards in relation with just about all of our allies, including, I would add, Keystone, which sits on the President’s head, and antagonizing Canada, for God’s sake. Canada, of all people, that’s quite an achievement when you can antagonize Canada.
That’s not easy to do. And to get them upset, which is never happened in about 100 years, I mean, this is foreign policy of failure. And the only reason people haven’t focused on it is because there’s been so much failure at home that it’s overshadowed what’s happening abroad.”