Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sean Smith's Mom Fumes Over Benghazi in Letter to Congress

Sean Smith's Mom Fumes Over Benghazi in Letter to Congress

April 11, 2013 RSS Feed Print
A man walks near a charred vehicle at the entrance of the damaged American consulate building, in Benghazi, Libya, Saturday, Feb. 16, 2013. Sen. Lindsey Graham is determined to get more answers about the deadly Sept. 11 attack against the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
The mother of a victim in the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi, shown above, contends she has been left in the dark.
The mother of Sean Smith, an information management officer killed in the attack in Benghazi, has for months expressed her frustration with the Obama administration for not sharing more information about what happened that day.
[RELATED: Benghazi Family Members Ignored, Congressman Says]
Now, she's reaching out to members of Congress. Pat Smith placed a call to Rep. Frank Wolf, R–Va., on Wednesday to voice her support for a proposed House Select Committee to investigate the attack. She has also since sent a letter to Wolf, obtained by Whispers, in which she slams the Obama administration for keeping her in the dark.
Read it below:
Hon. Frank R. Wolf
This letter is to endorse resolution H. Res. 36 to create a Select Committee to investigate the Benghazi attacks.
I am the mother of Sean Smith, one of the four people murdered in Benghazi by terrorists along with ambassador Chris Stevens and ex-seals Ty Woods and Glen Daugherty. When I was in Wash. DC at the reception of the caskets, I asked for and received promises from Pres. Obama, Hillary Clinton, Leon Panetta, VP Biden and several other dignitaries in attendance. They all looked me directly in the eyes and promised they would find out and let me know. I got only one call from a clerk about a month later quoting from the time line, which I already had.
I agree completely with items 1 thru 16 of this resolution. I especially want to know WHY the four were abandoned the way they were. My son told me that he saw someone taking pictures just before this happened and reported it. He told me they asked repeatedly for better security.
Please, Please help me find out who is responsible and fix it so no more of our sons & daughters are abandoned by the country they love. It is very difficult to find out Leon Panetta advised Pres. Obama that the attack was occurring and Pres. Obama went to bed without sending help. It is too late for my son but not too late for those that follow.
I have been following John McCain and Lindsay Graham hoping they had the ability to get some answers but no luck. Hillary finally testified but didn't answer the questions (i.e. If they were watching this happen in real time, why wasn't help sent).

Patricia A. Smith
Mother of Sean Smith
Killed in Benghazi

Ps Sean was in Special Operations in Okinawa before joining the State Dept.

No comments:

Post a Comment