Sunday, March 10, 2013

“Be angry. Scream. Shout. Wake those people up. Push back. Destroy.”

“Be angry. Scream. Shout. Wake those people up. Push back. Destroy.”

The first full novel by D.W. Ulsterman is due to be released VERY SOON.
Here is another free excerpt available to readers of theulstermanreport.com:


…Dublin shook her head.
“Bullshit Reese…c’mon.  You’re giving me…giving me an analytical answer to a question that is about some very deep emotions…memories…experiences.  That is what is motivating you…not just some guy observing things and sharing an opinion.  How did my grandfather just put it to you?  You’re a voice for the voiceless?  When someone like him says that to you…a man almost a hundred years old…a man who has walked among the most powerful people in the world for much of his adult life…he is looking to you for strength.  For hope.  How does that make you feel Reese?”
This time my answer came more easily.
“It scares the hell out of me Dublin.”
“Why?”
“Because…I don’t know if I deserve that kind of…expectation.  I say things into a transmitter…that’s it.  Maybe a lot of people hear that message.  Ok…fine.  But…look around.  We are sitting inside this massive cave…this structure that the Old Man…your grandfather built…spent…I don’t know…a hundred million on?Two hundred million?  And there are these people around us…we’re sitting in here with no idea if we will ever get out…there’s drones dropping bombs on us…and your grandfather is telling me I’m the voice of the voiceless?  It’s just…it’s surreal.  And…I just don’t see me living up to that kind of expectation.  His expectation…or yours – or anyone in here.   I’m just one man Dublin…I try to live my life right…treat others with respect…honor the memory of my family…my father…and in some small way…try to remind people that the world wasn’t always like this.  That at one time…there was a United States of America that really did exist and things like freedom and responsibility and opportunity were not the exception but the rule.  People demanded those things…fought for those things…protected those things.  And today?  So much of what used to be…it’s gone.  We let them be taken from us…little by little, bit by bit…until finally there was nothing left of what was.  And in its place…we have this New United Nations.  We have this globalist monster that tells us how we are born, how we are to live, and how we are to die…and my heart tells me…my soul tells me…that’s not how it is supposed to be. America was a gift to the world…and we sent it back.  We refused it.  I don’t know why…but that’s what we did and it makes me sick.  Angry.  I want to scream.  Shout.  Destroy.”
Dublin leaned toward me, her smile returning to the face I had come to appreciate so much, her eyes now burning with an intensity I had not yet seen.
“Now we’re talking Reese.  Use your words to light that fire.  Be angry.  Scream. Shout. Wake those people up.  Push back.  Destroy.”
_______________________
Download another FREE excerpt from “Dominatus”  at D.W. Ulsterman’s Smashwords page   HERE
Cover for 'Dominatus - Sample'
LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment