Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Obama: "When It Comes To Congress, There Is No Such Thing As An Offer They Can't Refuse"

Obama: "When It Comes To Congress, There Is No Such Thing As An Offer They Can't Refuse"

PRESIDENT OBAMA: A couple of weeks ago, House Republican leaders handed out a piece of paper to their members and the top of it said "Agenda 2014." I'm not making this up. Below that it was blank. It was a blank sheet of paper. Nothing to create jobs or grow the economy or strengthen the middle class. And I put forward my plans to create new jobs and even the odds for the middle class and I put forward plans that give some Republicans some of the things they want in exchange for ideas that will create good jobs right now. So far they won't consider them. Some people have heard me say my list of top five movies, you know, Godfather 1 and 2 have to be on it. But it turns out Marlon Brando had it easy because when it comes to Congress, there is no such thing as an offer they can't refuse. I just keep on coming back. I'm gonna keep on trying though. I am because we got no choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment