Thursday, September 5, 2013

As Russians Re-Install Nuclear Weapons Threat in Cuba…Obama Continues to Be Wrapped Up In His Own Version of Reality

As Russians Re-Install Nuclear Weapons Threat in Cuba…Obama Continues to Be Wrapped Up In His Own Version of Reality

obamaskeetI remember my trip to Key West some 10 years ago. I stood at the southern most point in the continental U.S. and looked at a sign that read something like “90 Miles from Cuba.” I must admit, it gave me a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I still look at Cuba with a judgmental eye I suppose. Our history with Communist Cuba has been a mixed bag of emotions. Most of them are not good.
The Cuban Missile Crisis happened before I was born, but I may get to see it re-lived in my lifetime. How many people know that Russia has deployed Nuclear Weapons to Cuba?
The reason I ask is because if you do internet searches you will not find mainstream media sources reporting this. What do you find? You find sources like Alex Jones and infowars.com.
So, then, here is the rub. This site is full of legitimate truth but like most conspiracy theorists, a few outlandish stories that do not gain acceptance will destroy overall credibility. So if it’s only sites like Infowars reporting the story then it must not be true. Right? After all, if CNN is not reporting it…we should not need to worry, correct?
Not on your life. Let me tell you how you get to the truth of these stories. You go to sources outside the USA and see what they have to say. That is the only way to overcome our state-run main stream media. So I looked for the story in Pravda. The story is over a year old now, which shows you exactly how concerned our government is with the situation.
Why is the public not outraged about Russian Nuclear weapons in Cuba? Because the public simply does not know about it or doesn’t believe it. Let’s look at a direct quote from the President of the Russian Federation in 2012:
“In 2001 I, as the President of the Russian Federation and the supreme commander, deemed it advantageous to withdraw the radio-electronic center Lourdes from Cuba. In exchange for this, George Bush, the then U.S. president, has assured me that this decision would become the final confirmation that the Cold War was over and both of our states, getting rid of the relics of the Cold War, will start building a new relationship based on cooperation and transparency. In particular, Bush has convinced me that the U.S. missile defense system will never be deployed in Eastern Europe.
putinThe Russian Federation has fulfilled all terms of the agreement. And even more. I shut down not only the Cuban Lourdes but also Kamran in Vietnam. I shut them down because I gave my word of honor. I, like a man, has kept my word. What have the Americans done? The Americans are not responsible for their own words. It is no secret that in recent years, the U.S. created a buffer zone around Russia, involving in this process not only the countries of Central Europe, but also the Baltic states, Ukraine and the Caucasus. The only response to this could be an asymmetric expansion of the Russian military presence abroad, particularly in Cuba. In Cuba, there are convenient bays for our reconnaissance and warships, a network of the so-called “jump airfields.” With the full consent of the Cuban leadership, on May 11 of this year, our country has not only resumed work in the electronic center of Lourdes, but also placed the latest mobile strategic nuclear missiles “Oak” on the island. They did not want to do it the amicable way, now let them deal with this,” Putin said. Source: http://english.pravda.ru/russia/politics/01-08-2012/121804-russia_army_base-0/
Great job of foreign relations Mr. Obama. Bush agrees to a symbolic ending to the cold war and you bring it back. Your foreign relations and defense policies are a mystery to most of us. Every time I see something like this I believe more and more that the movie “2016″ was accurate in its premise. You simply hate America and want to see it destroyed.
tarsOK, now I am not sure that this matters with warheads 90 miles from our mainland, but… I have to wonder why on earth Obama would choose this time to take down our TARS system and further weaken our Southern Defenses?
As the Federal government spends billions of dollars to expand the surveillance and monitoring of U.S. citizens with electronic eavesdropping devices and drone aircraft, it has decided to shut down a surveillance system that protects the southern border and coastline against low-flying aircraft and missiles and assists U.S. Customs and Border Protection in interdicting illegal border crossings and smuggling.

The Administration of President  
Barack Obama is shutting down the Tethered Aerostat Radar System (TARS) that uses moored balloons hovering at about 15,000 feet to watch for incoming aircraft and missiles that may penetrate U.S. air space. NORAD, the U.S. Air Force and customs all rely on the system. Source: http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/obama-shuts-down-southern-defense-mechanism-opens-south-to-attack/question-3503011/
Again, I wonder what effectiveness this system would have against warheads deployed 90 miles from Southern Florida, but you have to look at the consistent actions, or lack of actions, by this President.
While he attempts to disarm American citizens and weaken our military, he continues to send military aid to other countries and turns a blind eye to the potential predators on our own doorstep.
Tell me Obama doesn’t hate this country and want to see it destroyed.
Go ahead, say it with a straight face this time.
Things have certainly changed. There is no more transparency in government. I will not say that I believe that we have ever known everything our government is up to, but we seem to get less information every single day. The fact is that President John F. Kennedy addressed Americans on October 22, 1962. It was just 6 days after he learned of Russian nuclear capabilities in Cuba.
OK Mr. Obama… In all fairness it has been about 6 months now since this story broke. When do you suggest we might start talking about this?
If you want to understand the motives of our President I suggest you buy yourself a good set of ear plugs and watch him. His actions are the best indication of his truth.
Note From Dean: I made a small edit to the article from it’s original form. Originally I read the Pravda article and noticed the 1-8-12 date. My mind was stuck on the way we date our stories here. That was actually August 1st, 2012…not January 8, 2012. I apologize, originally I stated that it had been 13 months since Pravda reported this story. It has been 6 months.

Don't forget to follow the D.C. Clothesline on Facebook and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment