Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Jay-Z: Yes, I text with Obama

Jay-Z: Yes, I text with Obama

SHARE 266 36 35 COMMENTMORE
Singer, songwriter, businessman, and aspiring sports agent Jay-Z knows a lot of people well -- including President Obama.
"I've spoken to him on the phone and had texts from Obama," he told New York radio station Hot97.
And what do they talk about?
One thing is the same topic many men discuss: Sports.
Noting that it's "amazing" to be friends with a president, Jay-Z said Obama likes use sports analogies in his conversation, and he cited an example from last year's re-election campaign against Mitt Romney.
"I don't know if this is breaching national security," Jay-Z said. "But when he was getting elected the second time, he was like, 'Hey, you know, fourth quarter, just give me the ball.'
"I said, 'word.'"
Jay-Z has performed at Obama fundraisers, including a memorable twist last year on his hit song "99 Problems."
In the 2012 version, Jay-Z sang that "I've got 99 problems -- but Mitt ain't one."
The Obama discussion begins shortly after the 1:20 mark of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment