Sunday, January 13, 2013

Could Enalapril maleate cause Therapeutic agent toxicity? A

Could Enalapril maleate cause Therapeutic agent toxicity? A study of 117 users

This is a real world study of Therapeutic agent toxicity among people who take Enalapril maleate. It is created by eHealthMe based on 117 reports from FDA and user community. In total 23,911 Enalapril maleate users are studied.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can check 40 million side effects, drug interactions, efficacies reported by 6 million people since 1977. All studies are personalized to gender and age, and have long term drug effects. What people like me (or like my patient) have reported my drugs? Check now, it's SIMPLE & FREE

Enalapril maleate

Enalapril maleate has active ingredients of enalapril maleate. It is used in high blood pressure, essential hypertension, high blood cholesterol, heart disease congenital, heart failure. Commonly reported side effects of Enalapril maleate include nausea, hypotension, breathing difficulty, fatigue, renal failure acute.

Therapeutic agent toxicity

Therapeutic agent toxicity has been reported by people with bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, cardiac failure congestive, cardiac disorder, depression.
On Dec, 19, 2012: 23,903 people reported to have side effects when taking Enalapril maleate. Among them, 117 people (0.49%) have Therapeutic Agent Toxicity.
Trend of Therapeutic agent toxicity in Enalapril maleate reports

Time on Enalapril maleate when people have Therapeutic agent toxicity * :


< 1 month1 - 6 months6 - 12 months1 - 2 years2 - 5 years5 - 10 years10+ years
Therapeutic agent toxicity22.22%22.22%33.33%0.00%22.22%0.00%0.00%

Gender of people who have Therapeutic agent toxicity when taking Enalapril maleate * :


FemaleMale
Therapeutic agent toxicity59.84%40.16%

Age of people who have Therapeutic agent toxicity when taking Enalapril maleate * :


0-12-910-1920-2930-3940-4950-5960+
Therapeutic agent toxicity5.83%0.00%2.50%1.67%0.83%8.33%4.17%76.67%

Severity of Therapeutic agent toxicity when taking Enalapril maleate * :

n/a

How people recovered from Therapeutic agent toxicity * :

n/a

Top conditions involved for these people * :

  1. Cardiac failure
  2. Cardiac failure congestive
  3. Hypertension
  4. Cardiac disorder
  5. Atrial fibrillation

Top co-used drugs for these people * :

  1. Digoxin
  2. Aspirin
  3. Lasix
  4. Furosemide
  5. Coumadin
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
You can also:
Comments from related studies:
  • From this study (1 week ago):
  • Overall: Diabetes stays under 120, testosterone levels remain low for age (48, but testosterone levels of 90 year old man). Atypically small penis, testes often recede so that the scrotum is flat and tight. Bi-sexual with periodic gender issues (desire to be feminine). Married, two children and no family issues to include sexual oddities, wife is supportive.

    I am reluctant to bring up sexual and gender issues to Doctor, but have the feeling that gender drift (feelings), small penis and receding testicles and attraction to both sexes (including transgendered males with feminine qualities and penis). I know that all of this makes me rather unusual in terms of societal norms, but this is an honest assessment to the best of my ability. I started becoming sexually active at 13 years old with males first and later (15) with females. I desire only a relationship with a female or shemale (preferable but not realistic so I don't dwell on it).

    Despite gender struggles from 14 to present I joined the US Army and went Airborne and Special Forces, spending a majority of my adult life (even unitl present) as an operator in Special Forces (albeit my age is making that more and more difficult).

    I'm looking for a medical opinion that takes in current health conditions and issues, sexual history and other factors that are tell tale signs of a condition that I am unaware of.
    Me on Jan, 4, 2013:
    Forgot to mention that I have one son who has only one testicle but is not infertile. He was operated on at 3 to determine is it was an undescended testicle, however no trace of a second testicle was found. In his 20s he fathered a female child and still no trace of second testicle.
  • From this study (2 weeks ago):
  • Becca on Dec, 30, 2012:
    I take Synthroid@75 mcg per day, but I don't need the other drugs. I found higher doses of Synthroid made my hair fall out. A new doctor's diagnosis of the problem with new blood work changed the dose for me.

    When I was in the hospital for a hip replacement due to injury and perhaps the beginning of Osteoporosis, I was diagnosed by the hospital physician as having a heart murmur, extremely high cholesterol levels, not to mention being very over weight. He put me on a whole lot of drugs which all caused side effects. Instead of finding a better drug, I was put on another drug to reduce the side effects of the previous drug. In all, I was on 10 medications that I had never taken before and chose not to take again.

    I changed the way I ate, avoiding meat which helped me lose weight and lower my cholesterol level. But, this year after fracturing my spine, I became much more serious and bought Dr. Neal Barnard's book, Foods that Fight Pain. He speaks of pain from heart disease, cancers, back pain, all sorts of pains and inflammation that the right diet can reduce. I do not have migraines, and in fact, I rarely have headaches. But, I'm not on layers and layers of drugs!

    I'm 70 years old and fighting to get stronger. Having a private lesson with a Pilates instructor twice a week helps me get stronger, and I do not get down to the floor (mat) because of my back injury. Pilates is meant to help people heal and if you find someone who really knows what they are doing, it is very beneficial at building bone. I'm starting to add some weight bearing exercise, just a little at a time. I am getting stronger, but can only walk around the block with my rolling walker. Cannot walk far yet!
    Becca on Dec, 30, 2012:
    Wanda,
    What do you eat? Can you eat vegetables such as collard greens? Cooked collard greens contain 375 mg calcium per cup, I generally eat three cups per day stir fried cooked in one teaspoon Eden Organic Miso with one cup water, for 5 minutes. Drained and sauteed in one tablespoon olive oil with 5 mashed garlic cloves, one tablespoon ginger root and perhaps a tablespoon of tumeric. The roots of ginger, tumeric and garlic cloves have anti-inflammatory properties and reduce pain immensly, as well as add flavor. The collard greens are full of calcium, more that milk per 8 oz class, and vitamin D3 at a rate of 1,000 IU should be taken to make the calcium work better and go to the bones. If you can bare much of your skin to the sun for 15 minutes a day, you can get all the vitamin D you need without taking supplements. But do not use sun screen. Instead be out side before 10 a.m. or after 3:00 p.m. This time of the year it is tough unless you live in South Florida.

    I am eating vegan. That is a plant based diet --no meat, fish, or dairy. Plant foods like lentils and rice or quinoa make complimentary proteins and drive away pain. Animal foods create pain, as does nuts, corn, wheat.

    Get the book Foods That Fight Pain by physician and nutritionist, Neal Barnard, M.D. If you can follow his diet for 3 weeks, you may be able to eliminate some of the drugs giving you the most problem.

    I am NOT a physician. I am eating to fight pain caused by a spinal fracture. Also have a total hip and total knee replacement, the former of which is causing pain if I don't follow the diet.
    wanda on May, 19, 2010:
    citalopram genric is celexa 20 mg--i have to take 3000calcium tablets aday as i have no throid nor parathroid==also i have high bp so the only allergie med they say i should take is claatin D ==I ALSO TAKE HYDROCHLORT FOR EDEMA,, ALSO AMLODIPINE 5MG FOR BP,LISNOPRIL FOR BP PLEASE GIVE ME INTERACTIONS AND SIDE AFFECTS -WHILE I GOT YOU WHAT ABOUT SINTHYROID 112MG, LOVASTIN40MG AND FINALY MOTRUME FOR ADULT 2 DIABETICE==WHEW!!
    halsbury tosih????
  • From this study (2 months ago):
  • When I wake up in the morning, I feel tired but, no pain, After I take my medicine and take my Carvedilol 25 mg and enalapril 20 mg. About2 or 3 hours later I get a headache and neck ache.
  • From this study (3 months ago):
  • I am a 56 year old male, fairly healthy, non smoker and drink in moderation once every 3 months. I was prescribed 2.5mg of Enalapril Maleate 10+ years ago for a slight raise in blood pressure, everything went well. March 2011 i was diagnosed with pre diabetes and was told if i exercised and lost some weight i would not need medication. I jog 2.7 - 3 kms per night and lost 11kg my last A1c test was 5.4 and my random glucose is 95, the Dr is very happy with my progress. At the same time the Dr increased the Enalapril Maleate to 10mg i have had the head tremor more regular since then. when i am walking and talking it is gone and i can stop it if i concentrate. My colleagues say i have had it for 1+ year, around the same time the Enalapril Maleate was increased. Can i change to another medicine?
  • From this study (3 months ago):
  • Have recently had a TIA and the dr wants to put me on statins, which I dont particularly like due to side effects. Please advise on compatibility of drugs
  • From this study (4 months ago):
  • notice when taking all together I will sometimes get jabs in my chest but go away quickly. wondering if combination of medacines could be causing this
  • From this study (4 months ago):
  • clear mucus and productive cough commenced about 3 weeks ago and has gotten worse. Neither prednisone, nor cough medicine, nor antibiotic are effective. There is no fever.
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
On eHealthMe, Enalapril Maleate (enalapril maleate) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below all the conditions the drug is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Browse 6,665 Enalapril maleate side effects from A to Z:
Browse Enalapril maleate drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:

Could it be a symptom from a condition:
On eHealthMe, Enalapril Maleate (enalapril maleate) is often used for high blood pressure. Find out below all the conditions the drug is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is the drug used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Browse 6,682 Enalapril maleate side effects from A to Z:
Browse Enalapril maleate drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:

Recent Enalapril maleate drug interactions:

Recent Therapeutic agent toxicity related Enalapril maleate drug interactions:

Recent related drug checks on eHealthMe:

NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients are not considered.

WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.

You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please notify us and acknowledge it with a citation: eHealthMe - Real World Drug Outcomes. http://www.ehealthme.com/. Accessed DATE.

Recent drug studies on eHealthMe:

eHealthMe's real world studies have been used on these medical publications:
         more...

Related drug
 
Related symptom
 
Common conditions
- High blood pressure (206,198 reports)
- Multiple sclerosis (202,995 reports)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (199,438 reports)
- Depression (145,107 reports)
- High blood cholesterol (115,659 reports)
- Pain (105,946 reports)
- Diabetes (88,667 reports)
- Osteoporosis (88,062 reports)
- Birth control (83,126 reports)
- Type 2 diabetes (76,098 reports)
More conditions ...
Common drugs
- Enbrel (166,621 reports)
- Aspirin (144,816 reports)
- Prednisone (139,346 reports)
- Humira (130,866 reports)
- Methotrexate (124,125 reports)
- Lipitor (122,505 reports)
- Avonex (98,032 reports)
- Lasix (90,693 reports)
- Tysabri (90,234 reports)
- Metformin (90,221 reports)
More drugs ...
 
 
Tools
   

No comments:

Post a Comment